Monday, December 7, 2009

Holy swoon . . .

So as part of my all-consuming movie fixation, I have a volunteer-ish job with a local radio station to do their movie reviews. Volunteer-ish in the sense that I don't get paid, but I get free tickets to early showings of upcoming movies as long as I write up a review for them. It's a good gig. I write movie reviews as a hobby already, so there's no reason I can't take it to the next level.

Well, another perk of the, erm, experience is that every once in a while I get to participate in interviews with various movie personalites.

Here's my sister and I posing with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson following our interview in late 2007.

And here's a photo of me with Pete Docter, director of Disney/Pixar's 2009 film Up:

While these interviews were both cool in their own ways, my favorite, I think, happened just this morning. Over the weekend, I got to see Disney's new film, The Princess and the Frog. It was a fun, delightful return to the now-classic Disney animated films of the late 80s and early 90s with a jazzy new flavor. As part of the promotion for the film, I got to interview a couple of the animators from the film and had a blast doing it. Randy Haycock (supervising animator for the character Prince Naveen) and Bruce Smith (supervising animator for the villain Dr. Facilier) both brought their sketchpads to the interview and busted out a few quick character sketches while they answered our questions. I forgot to bring my camera this time, but instead I got a much cooler souvenir.

I think I may be in love . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment